Help On A Mic

Riott

Alright, i grabbed a PreSonus Eureka Channel Strip, now i just need my mic. I already have a E-MU 1212M soundcard, so my A/D converters are straight. And yes, i have Event monitors to mix on.

So my question is what mic would you pair with the Eureka to get a good sound. I'll probly go the Ebay route with a good dealer, so I'll spend up to $500 there. My voice is deep, but not too deep. I'll also be recording a lot of other artists as well. So I want something that is clean. The mics i were looking at:

ADK Vienna or Hamburg (not sure which one)
Shure KSM32 (I had a KSM27, i didn't really like it)
Audio Technica 4050 (A lot of people don't like them so i'm shying away from it.)

or maybe i should hold off and grab a BLUE Baby Bottle?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I'm a baritone and have both an shure sm57 but use it mostly for droppin guitar and bass melodies. I use an AT3035 for my vox and i'm happy wid it. Its not overly expensive, its within the price range you describe. Ultimaetely its yo decision of course but at's are popular in the realm of hip-hop. Gettin a mic is a highly subjective area 'cause so many cats vow on their personal choice to get, and most of em' can only talk about the ones they have- in my case i'm the same, i can only account for these two phukkers but hey i'm pleased yo

I second the Blue Baby Bottle. That's my next mic. I have a GT66, MXL2001, SM58, and a Blue Ball mic. The Groove Tubes is nice and airy but fat. But sometimes I think that it's too airy. I think I need a de-esser on it cause some higher freq. get harsh. But I love the sound of female on it. Not to say that it doesn't sound great no my voice cause it does. I like the Blue Ball for real cut and dry male vocals. But you really gotta perform to that mic to get the sound you want.

Back