HELP!! im getting a DAE error 6 using Protools

J-MASS

Im using Protools 7.0 with a AMD Athlon 64 bit Processor 3200+ 2.19GHz 1gb Ram. Ive been using this system for about two years and its been running fine. Now someimes when I load up a track and press play I get this error message DAE error 6. Sometimes I get it sometimes I dont. But when I do get it I cant play or load anything and have to restart my system. Can anybody help me with this?

let me give you the only answer there is to your problem. I had the axact same problem. Go buy yourself a pci firewire card that says, designed by avid/pinnicle. They call it dazzel, then disable youre onboard firewire, disable screen savers, and clear type. BOOOOM!!! problem solved...

Trust me, it works!!! not only mine, but three other studios in RSA that had that same FKNG DAE ERROR!

O, just remember: some motherboards have texas, ricon and other firewire chips, Pro tools DON'T like them... don't understand why this big company(Digidesign) cant fix this iretating problem! everyone I know had this problem... Maybee we should start sending all this post to those guys...

Good luck!!!

Last edited:
akaidai said:
can u go to common files>digidesign>dae prefs and delete whatever inside the folder..and reboot.

Would this really work without hurting anyhing? Or should I just go and but the software like my man was telling me on the other response to this post?

Back