Help with how to achieve a certain sound in FL Studio please?

amakarise

Hello,

I am trying to create a sound similar to one I heard in a song (please see link below to hear the song) and I cannot seem to figure out how to do it. I'm guessing it's some sort of piano but of course it's more than that. It's the airy keyboard chords that begin behind the guitar @ (0:00-0:17). You can also hear it in the background again @ 0:45-0:58. If you can help me figure out what exactly it is and if possible how to recreate it in FL, I will be forever grateful! Haha

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1wzeCv-dwM

It is a pad. There are airy, atmospheric pads is many different plugins. Do you only have the stock FL Studio Plugins? Also, what version of FL?

You can try to use 3rd party VST's to achieve this kinda sound, like synthetizers. Don't you have any? FL accepts a huge array of 3rd party VSTs. I suggest you read about the basics of synthesis and do some experimentation. There are plenty of topics about it on FP.

I have FL 11 (producer). Yes, I do not have any extra plugins yet. But, I will dig around in the pads I have and also look into some VST's. I just needed to know what it was. Thanks!

reFX Nexus and Omnisphere have the greatest pads ever, just saying :)

Oh and just so you know - a pad is the complete opposite of a pluck, it has a slower attack, longer decay and release and is usually quite reverb/delay biased, which is why it feels airy and pushed back with lots of space and atmosphere.

Back