HELP Beats audio messed up my track!

Whitefire

Hello. I have made a terrible mistake, and I hate myself so much for this. Yesterday I realized something. I was listening over my track (EDM), and I'm not going to lie, I think it sounded pretty nice. I was happy with what I made, and so I go ahead and make myself believe that i will finish the track in the next 3-4 days. But then out of nowhere, I remember something, and i feel so stupid for not realizing this before. The laptop I am using (Hp ENVY dv6) has the "Beats Audio" equalizer built in. All this time, I thought that my tracks sounded nice, bass heavy, clear and quite crisp. But once i turned it off and listened to my track, i wanted to throw my laptop out of the window, and bang my head against the wall until i knocked myself out. The track was no longer bass heavy, and just did not have that "pop" or really deep feeling that gets you into the groove. It sounded dry and boring. I realized that not every media playing device uses this "beats audio" and that my songs would sound like pure crap on anything but my laptop. I tried to re-make the effects of the beats audio Eq to get that same sound that i liked, but i never sounded the same. If i tried to raise the bass, the track would sound distorted, and hard to hear anything but that thudding bass. Such a great idea that i loved: gone to waste. I was wondering if there is any way to somehow get the beats audio eq into Fl Studio. I know that that would not be the right thing to do, but it seemed as if that beats audio was the only way for that track to sound the way i wanted it to sound. Or, maybe there is an Eq that i can use to put on my track that has the same effect? sorry i know its hard to understand, but I'm looking for ANY kind of help. Sorry if this is in the wrong category. Thank you!

Let me just add, that what i mean, is that without using the beats audio, my song does not have that "loud" "bang" feeling too it. That is kind of the problem here.

Well things you can do is add an exciter and add like a tape saturation to the low end and mids. Or just use EQ and cut/boost where needed. Or use imager to space things out and make it sound bigger. Its pretty much the whole mixing and mastering process.

EQ would definitely be a great tool for the job. You would need to set up the EQ manually though.

On a side note, how well does your HP Envy handle producing in FL? I'm thinking about getting one to replace my current laptop.

As far as I know "Beats Audio" is nothing else than a smile-shaped EQ, boosting the lows and highs (like "loudness" on a stereo). Maybe try a shelving eq?

Last edited:
Beats audio is not a headphone or monitor replacement solution and is not accurate either.
Bassy mixing will always have that unless everything is relatively flat.

Laptops speakers of any kind are reference materials and should not be the final deciding factor on whether or not a mix is good enough.

Back