Having Trouble Hooking Up A Condenser Microphone To My Computer Need Help

DJboutit

I am having trouble trouble hooking a condenser microphone to my computer here is how I have it setup the microphone is going to a phantom power supply then mic cable in going to a dj mixer then a audio cable it going to a computer running windows xp. I do not get sound from the microphone on the computer. I have also tried the same setup with a computer running windows 7 same thing no sound from the condenser microphone. If I use a dynamic microphone and speak into it I see the audio levels on the mixer and the computer will pickup the audio from the microphone. What am I doing wrong do I need to go with a usb soundcard with a microphone input instead of using the dj mixer and will the work on windows xp?? I want to use this condenser microphone with my internet radio station.

Are you checking your audio settings on your computer and making sure that the dj mixer is selected as audio drive? also do you have the driver for the mixer installed on your computer, because if you dont, then you want see it in your settings.

I am using a older dj mixer there will be no driver for it.
Are you sure? did you search up the model and model driver? sometimes you can find it on the companies website. How you connecting the mixer to the computer? USB, Firewire, Thunderbolt? If you say that a dynamic mic works, then you either have a insufficient phantom power, or your mic its self has issues.

Sell the mixer you have and research mixers w/USB 2.0 or 3.0 as the latter USB is backwards compatible.

I just bought usb soundcard card I hooked up this Tonor condenser microphone to my computer no sound I hooked up a Cad microphone got sound. I am about 90% sure this Tonor is dead. I got this condenser microphone boom arm and phantom power supply from someone off Craigslist.

Back