Has anyone used NI-Spektral Delay to compose with

K

killmaster

I got a demo and it looks like you could create very interesting compositions with this package alone. Has anyone tried this or had any extensive experience with this package. Or should it be conisdered only a great delay effects tool?

p.s. on a similar note, does anyone out there use metasynth? It seems amazing as far as I can tell....

Hi there killmasta, yeah, i use metasynth. i like the way it can blen two sounds together. i don't much like the interface. the visuals to sound capabilities are pretty rad.

i am really excited about ni-spektral delay - could be really good. i read a review of it. as u say, it is a delay - but from what i read, it seems really interesting zone stuff, and definately great to make things to sample to use later.

i-clan, you're right about NI-Spektral!
I cant wait to get my box in the mail!

Native-Instruments rock man, they are very good (pro-52, Traktor, Reaktor 3, their new FM synth, their organ...)

Haha, i can't wait for my box to fall in to my hands from the sky...i have prayed for it to rain Ni-Spektral software packages all through Glebe, so that i can obtain the NI-Spektral magic .... aww, i'll be alright. as we speak i am downloading a 30 day trial version of Adobe's LiveMotion, and it is fully functional for a month... in that time i reckon i'll b able to make enough with it to buy a copy ... so i'm happy.

But Ni-Spektral delay would be just the beez knees, got a feeling about it. I wish Native Instruments would start designing some rad plugins exclusively for the Pro Tools platform...they would work together really well.!

Spektral Delay is really really good, as is everything Native Instruments makes... one of the nicest effects to buy. Can really get some nice ambient sounds out of it and does incredible things to drums. Battery + Spektral Delay + Pro 52 + Reaktor 3 and you're set.

Nord2, A3000, decks, Korg Kaoss pad and 24 bit Pro Tools and you're set too, hehe ... yeah, i like Native Instruments stuff, but in terms of usability and power combined, i like the Waldorf PPG the most, but i must admit, i am more hardware than software these days, so i am certainly no expert on the matter.

gimme that software package boy!

awwwww! maaaammma ! i want a NIIIII Spektral Deeeellllaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:monkey:

just managed to get the g4 to unstuff the compressed demo version (had to change the suffix of things from "hqx" or "bin" to "sit" ... weird ... even weirder that i thought of doing it :D)..
...gee whiz, it sure is a hoot, really good quality sounds.
Fantastic prog. Love the changeability ... and that's just on a demo version. It truly is a beautiful thing.
Definate shopping list item!

Spectral Delay is the cat's balls. Really incredible too and definately it is way more than a simple delay. It acts as one hell of an EQ. It breaks up the signal into 160 bands and then you can work with each individual band. Extremely powerful!

I hear there is a whole line of spectral products coming out. Pretty exciting.

I was just saying the other day hi Ni Spektral is the Cat's Balls. I was saying "That Ni-Spektral delay is the Cat's Balls".

hehe, just wanted to write Cat's Balls heaps actually :D

A whole range of Spektral products? awesome. fantastic. Actually, is this little baby expensive? i use the demo only so far. but it had some documentation saying how it could be used with Pro Tools ! which would definately be the Cat's Balls IMHO..

Thanks for all the great input. I love this place! All of
your comments have been most helpful.

You can get Spektral at musicians friend, I believe, for
$139. Not too bad for what it sounds like you can do with it. Sure sounds like any NI program is a great value!

I'm going to wait til I get Reaktor to see what the "8 tap delay" thing is in there before I get Spektral. When I get comforable with Reaktor, then I'll get Spektral.......
I'm so curious about it that it will be hard to wait.

I'm loving metasynth. I can't believe there are so many programs that allow for really intuitive music making!
What a time to be alive....

killmaster

thanks for all the great response. I'm getting it!
just ordered it and will let you know what I think....

thanks again!

Back