Guitar Amp XLR Output to Mic Preamp on Interface

CmRob

This is a basic question and can be answered simply by trying but I want more insight from people who have experience with this because I don't want to damage any of my equipment.

I have an an Ashton 60W acoustic guitar amplifier that has an XLR input and output.
Is it safe to plug the XLR output of the amplifier to the XLR Mic pre-amp input on my interface? (48v will be turned off obviously). An Electric guitar will be plugged into the amp. Can it damage my pre-amp?

I plan to record two guitarists at once, one plugged into the DI guitar input and the other into the Mic-preamp.

USB Interface: AVID Fast Track Solo

Thanks to those who will reply.

what does the manual for the amplifier say about the xlr out? the only acoustic guitar amplifier I can find from Ashton is a 15w model with none of the features you describe

however, the key thing is to try it with the interface set to receive a line level or instrument level input; it is unlikely that you have speaker level output at the xlr

Thanks for the reply.

My mistake, I though it had an XLR output but actually it only had and XLR input.

Back