Grouping channels w/ effects in Cubase SX

darin epsilon

I'm trying to group a bunch of channels in Cubase SX 3.0, but I run into this problem where I can't adjust the volume of the effects. For example, if I put an FX track with reverb on my two drum tracks, then I group the drum tracks together, I can adjust the volume of the drum tracks themselves but not the reverb track. Does anyone know how I can make it so I can adjust the volume of the drums with the reverb??

Have you tried turning the volume up in the sends menu?

Sorry, if I havn't fully understood your question, but I found the wording a little confusing.

Yea sorry, I knew a lot of people were going to get confused. What I mean is, I want to group channels so that I can adjust the volume of several tracks with just one slider, including all the effects on those tracks.

Right now, when I try adjusting the volume, I can't seem to affect the volume of the effects, i.e. reverb. Maybe this will only work if the reverb is in the insert, rather than the send....

You could:

Send the drums to one FX track.

Make sure you turn the volume of your drum tracks off.

Balence the levels of the drum tracks using the volume control in the sends menus.

Use the volume of the FX channel to control the overall volume.

Add the reverb to the FX channel.

By tuning down the volume of the FX track and turning up the volume of the drum tracks you should be able to adjust the wet/dry balance (but your reverb probaly has a wet/dry control anyway).

I hope that helps or points you in the right direction.

Oh yeah, you have to turn the send power and prefader switches on in the sends menu

You could also just link the faders for the FX channel and the group channel. So that when you group channel fader down, the FX channel fader follows it.

Open up the mixer and select two (or more) channels by holding shift and clicking that little green/blue rectangle under a channel. Then right-click on one of them and click "link channels". You can unlink them in the same way...

Back