Groovebox users-Midi Problems?

dranfu

To: Anyone who has a groovebox and knows how to use it to send midi info.

I have a groovebox and I would like to use it as a midi controller. I had a casio Keyboard that I used to use as a controller and to get it to work all I had to do was bassicaly plug it up and it sent the midi information. When I plug up the groovebox it doesnt work. I am wondering if there is a setting I have to call up in the groovebox in order for it to send information. If you know how to do this please let me know.

Also, and this is a little of subject. I am wondering if it is possible to use wave samples in logic audio as your drum sounds or any other sounds?

Thanx.

Vito:eek:

Which Groovebox specifically are you using? You probably will need to go into the system setup and into the MIDI settings and set it up to send MIDI externally instead of or as well as internally.

switch to SOUND MODULE MODE.
voila

i had a groovebox mc303 for a few years and I used it a lot as a sound module.

you wont be able to use those relatime controls though. just so you know. straight remote control from yoru sequencer

Cool. Thanx.

manoOne, thanks for your help with the midi sending, Ive been trying to figure that out for a bit. Im new to recording electronic music. When you said" i had a groovebox mc303 for a few years and I used it a lot as a sound module." did you mean that you would sequence parts in another sequencer like logic audio and then use the groove box as the source of the sounds?

HooverTech. Im using an mc-303. the first version of the groovebox I think.

:D

Peace-out

Back