Great use for an old shitty computer

D

djpimpdaddy

I set up my old powermac8100 100Mhz machine to my mixer the other day and I am using sound edit16 to record mixes and sets. This computer is so damn useless it has been collecting dust for over a year but once I hooked it all up I tested it out. I mixed for about an hour and a half and recorded the whole thing in SoundEdit, the aiff file was over 750mb but it cued right up very quickly after I hit the stop button and I was able to save it and actually burn a CD with the same computer in about 20 minutes. I can't even work with a sound file half the size on my G3 with over 500MB of ram in it. Anyone out there with a junk computer, before you toss it out the window think about what you can use it for before you get rid of it. Now I can use other machines to mix Mp3s and beat loops in my mix and still have a machine to record on.

What input plugs does my computer have to have in order
for me to hook up my mixer to my computer.??

any help would be great.

All I use is the standard sound-in jack on the back. Any Macintosh will have this built in to the system. On your PC it should be on the soundcard. You can use any software that will let you record from your line-input. i happen to be using SoundEdit 16 from Macromedia

Back