A good recording software

F

Fa Duce

Hi everybody I was just wondering A good recording software. All my friends say Cubase but I want to hear from yall

Cubase is very good. Personally I'm still using Logic on a PC but that might not be a good choice as Apple bought the manufacturer and turned the software into Mac-only.

Me and my collegue also purchased ProTools LE reasently but that requires dedicated Digidesign hardware.

cubase, logic, sonar and pro tools are the main players in this area. I prefer cubase by far, followed by logic (mac only). But others may have other opinions.

other rather ok recording programs are adobe audition (formely known as cool edit pro), fruity studio, soundforge, samplitude, acid pro, ableton live, ...

I used to use Cool Edit pro, its really easy but I now use Pro Tools LE. Pro Tools is a kick ass program, its also easy, and there's endless possibilities.
If you dont have a need to record more than 2 tracks at a time, u should get Pro Tools with MBOX (hardware interface).

what are the advantages that cubase have over cool edit pro or is it like comparing apples and oranges?

cubase is way more advanced (automation, realtime processing & mixing, ...) and got next to that one of the best and most advanced midi sequencers arround. They are also the inventors of the vst system and the program is compatible with almost everything (except pro tools, but that's digidesigns (protools manufacturor) fault.)

Back