Getting the Vocals just right

Hey guys,

I recorded this rapper the other day and I've been mixing it and so far I'm mostly satisfied with how it came out, but I want it to stand and really get it to sit properly. I wonder what you guys think? and can you offer suggestion to improve the vocals? I don't have access to the stems of the beat so I cant really change much in that respect

Thanks so much in advance!

I would add a little more bass back into the vocal track. It sounds a little thin and the rapper is slightly whiny to begin with.

Yes, I think you've got a decent blend volume wise; maybe take it back a tiny bit. But the EQ comment above has merit-- the vox might be a bit too bright. Try some mids/lower mids before boosting bass, I would say. Get a similar track and A-B.

GJ

Thanks,

For the critiques. I feel you guys on that one. I'm going to add some bass back into his voice. But the rapper has a generally nasally/high voice, is there anything I can do recording wise to offset this? or should I lay into the natural tone of his voice?

but again thanks for the critique!

I honestly thought the vocals and mix were on point. Personally, I would compress the vocals more and dees them a bit more. Volume wise, they sound great and even the bright tone gives it a modern sound.

Back