Getting all my gear to sync and record?

Dogteeth

Hey i've been producing for a little while but i'm not the best when it comes to the very technical side of things,

I have a problem which may not have a solution but i'd appreciate any help,

I currently make all my music and beats with NI 'Maschine' which is an external drum machine but it also comes with its own designated DAW thing with loads of drums and instrements etc,

so a bit of background..

I've managed to connect my Micro Korg into it so that I can record loops directly into the Maschine (because it has the option of recording from and external source) i've used this to record audio from my mic, guitar and record player through usb, and its great because I can record directly into the maschines input and really sync things up without having to spend 30 mins recording and exporting from another program then trying to remember the grove and rythm when i have to manually drag it into maschine and sync it up, which is time consuming if I sudenly want to re record or change something.

so its great for recording from external devices,

The issue..

what i'd like to be able to do is somehow record stuff from 'Reason' into the maschine, maybe by 'tricking my computer into thinking reasons output is somehow and external input or something like that,
this is because I LOVE the workflow of reason, the synths are way better than in maschine, and it allows for better automation of effects and general song scope, where as maschine makes it hard to see the big picture, its really ideal for drums, and drastic changes between each scene, its hard to have a slow mod wheel effect on a synth to develop throughout the whole song etc, but the drums it has are waaay better than in reason and much more versatile,

I think I would become a much better producer if I could use all the tools at my disposal and hate this roadblock, i've found a way to play everything together but as for recording it all in sync as well, well its a problem

any advice appreciated,

Thanks,
Dogteeth

Last edited:
What you want is something called ReWire VST, to open Reason as a plugin inside your Maschine software. I'm sure if you look around for ReWire Reason into Maschine, you'll find plenty of info.

I'm not sure if ReWire VST is something different than actual ReWire, which I think Reason comes bundled with, at least in the later versions, as well as many other daws. (but I think ReWire vst is some 3rd party product)

Here's also a little video that may help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdSOSKgMAUA

This is the only way I know how to do it

Last edited:
Back