Gettin my snares to hit hard, my kicks to hit hard, and my 808 to stand out.

YOUNGCHAACA

Ive been producing for a while now and have tried to get my shit sounding right, ive did so much research about it but can never get the shit to work, ive tried eqing, compression, leveling my sounds, ive even tried side chaining, ive tried distortion on my 808 also.

also i use flstudio, also btw is there a drumkit is really good to use, i have tons but maybe their is a better trap kit out there.
If yall can help me with this yall do not understand how grateful i would be, i even took a year of producing to research and get the sound search youtube and everything and never found the results i was looking for.

I also have tons of examples i can share if i need too, would not let me post link in the post because i am new.

You're gonna have to learn about everything in general. Wikipedia, youtube, here etc.

Learn layering, learn what effects do and learn most of the important stuff. The most confusing stuff will be the "compressors and limiters" imho. Especially sidechaining. ALSO, Just learned about this myself but take as much advantage of [aux sends/returns] as you can.

ive been lurking on here for a long time, and tried all that i can find. im talking bout going throught post through post still couldnt get the right results.

The videos on youtube or mostly trash and teach you the wrong methods.

if you specifically have any good threads on mixing to get these effects or any actually good youtube videos you can link here for me that would be very helpful.

Most youtube tutorials show the correct methods, not the ones like "ey nigga this how you do this bangin" no.Lol.
Ste has a lot of very detailed tutorials for your software.
And imageline.

Last edited:
type mixing tutorials for your daw on yahoo or google or this very website in search bar.
That guy's channel has hundred of tuts for one software, and wikipedia has the terms of most if not all the things found in a daw.
Then there are traditional books too.

You know a few tricks that actually do work. It could be a number of things. It may be the 808's that you are using. They may not be tuned in key or you could be playing them in a key where they just don't hit right. Maybe you don't leave enough room in the rest of your mix for the 808 to stand out. Do you have any snippets of beats that you don't mind showing, or mind posting a 808 that you use? Assuming your talking one shots. I'm just trying to figure where your at.

A lot of what you're experiencing is probably from applying to many effects to the instrument. Here is a short tutorial i did explaining how i use EQ on the master track to help me zero in on frequencies i do/don't want in the mix.

I hope this helps.

Krazyjay

First of this does not make your shit hit hard. This did not help at all. The real problem was not that i was adding to many effects, it was that i was following tutorials jus like which you jus posted.
also i posted a link in my thread that actually did work.

Thanks any way tho.

Oh boy. There is not one method for everything, that's the answer. It is not hard to create some very damaging kicks but you need to know the terminology behind what you originally asked so you never ask the same question twice?

That's what gives daws the learning curve. It's not like mortal kombat or tekken where there's dial a combo movelists it varies. There are many terms of this field that would make it easier to get the sound you're looking for because you know what to look for because you understand the terminology behind the sound you are looking for.

And not only would learning the terminology help YOU, it'll help us give you a more descriptive and detailed answer regarding the question you have asked so that we can give you accurate information. Making something hit harder can be done in many ways, you're question is very broad and makes the process of elimination more difficult for those who do decide to help you.

Last edited:
Back