FullSail or Art Institute in philly?

ShaiBobble

fghhjhjhjjjj
For engineering & producing

I live in the surrounding area of philly but I heard fullsail is the place

Last edited:
How old are you? Don't go by what you heard as research is out there to be done. If there are commercial studios in your area see if you can intern and go from there. There is a reason why people call Full Sail "Fool Sail." Know that the percentage of those who "make it" as mixing/mastering engineers is the same for artists: less than 1%. Engineering is a freelance environment these days. A degree is nothing more than a piece of paper that is proof that you took required courses in order to graduate according to the standards set by a board of regents.

Last edited:
Dude I live in Florida and I know students that have attended the school I think unless you're in film or web design, you aren't really gonna value from it, especially being that you're gonna end up being probably $40,000+ in student loan debt (unless your family is banking).

Not to knock the school or program, because they give excellent lessons, you're only benefit to make it anywhere would be through natural connections.

Now, a cheaper option for recording arts would be FIRST Institute in Orlando. The total cost for the program (which runs 11 months) is about 12grand. I don't know much about them but I'd say do your research and if possible, see if you can contact any alum that went there.

I'd tell anyone before they study audio engineering, REALLY make sure it's something you want to go to school for. With the technology available, you can learn 90% of it on your own in your bedroom. Make sure that 50 grand commitment is worth not putting in the extra time on your own. When you finally stall, buy a little studio time with someone who really knows what they're doing and fill all the gaps in your knowledge. That was my approach at least, and I know now it was 100% the best choice. Those three days in a serious studio were enough for me to hammer the producer with every question I needed answered.

Back