Free Software for Recording Mixes to Mac?

toddj

I hope this is the right forum for this question. As you may have guessed I was wondering if anyone can tell me of any free or cheap software for recording mixes from decks to a Mac. I have used sound forge on a PC and like what you can do with it. I pretty much only need something that will record, cut up the file into tracks, and maximize the sound.

Thanks

You might well be able to do this with Pro-Tools free. The only thing I'm not sure of is cutting up one long mix into separate tracks - it's not something I need to do you see. You could always take yourself over to www.digidesign.com check out the download for pro-tools free and just download the helpfile and search through that to see if it does what you want.

Hope this helps.

KasioRoks

Protools free is the way to go. Your computer has to be a heavyweight to handle a large mix with any program.

Once you have the whole mix as one session, you can insert flags to mark where you want one track to start and the next to finish. Then all you have to do is to cut the sections between the flags and paste them to new sessions. Save each session as a different track number, and when you convert your sessions to wav files you will have a list of tracks that you can burn to disk.

-peace-
chronos

although i am not particularly dull witted, i couldn't actually find the file of Pro Tools free when i recently needed it. i have been using pro tools and a digi001 for over a year now, and i reformatted recently, and i lost my password for my full cd version....spent an hour trying to find the Actual button to click (rather than the "strongly advised" help file). anyway i found my password. Pro Tools rocks!
it'lll do everything thing you need very easily and smoothly, if you find the interface to your likeing. Only 8 tracks on the free version - you can use more with the LE version that comes with the digi001.

Back