free lo-fi vinyl plug-in

D

dj funkifize

I was raiding the cakewalk ftp the other day for the latest patches, drivers, updates etc...
and I found this folder that was labeled "vinyl" something or other. I got it and it's a lo-fi simulator. You can configure the age, amount of dust, scratches, electrical noise, etc... and it'll give your music a lo-fi vinyl sound. You can even apply it to silence.

it's also got a thing where you can make it sound like the record is warped.. this feature doesn't work with all programs though... but they have a list on the site about which programs do and don't support warping.

and it's completely free!

a good little program. "iZotope Vinyl" you can get it at www.izotope.com
:)

just install the plug-in and then sound forge will find it.
You may have to open it a second time after you first install the plugin. But all directX compatible programs(well, all ones I've used at least) will automatically find all the directX plugins for you... at least it should. :)
:monkey:

excellent, thanks a lot for the link.
I'm already thinking about using this plugin on some melodies and elements of tracks during the production... that would give aspecial feel, sounding like if I sampled from old vinyls ... when the melody is in fact composed in house, great plugin!

:)

yeah... I was actually looking for a plugin that did this for like 5 months. and I stumbled across it so randomly.... hehe, go figure :D

Back