Formula for Delay settings...

i went to the forest . and i felt the universe . thats not buddhism that was me.

:)

But the use of the personal pronoun is wrong. Can lead one to an overinflated sense of importance. But I think you know that.

I think you misunderstood. I wasn't saying that you & me wuz arguing about Bhuddism, I meant that your post made me think that me & Robin's argument was a bit up its own arse and I'd rather enjoy life than get caught up in rhetoric.

Whatever you see and experience KasioRoks , is like blemishes on your own face. You are seeing your own reflection dimly mirrored in a limpid pool.

If your brother angers you , do not think they are doing me wrong. Instead think I am wrong , they are bhuddah within , how can the words of a buddha be wrong. Instead of anger you will find peace.

Be Happy , the best advice I can give.

Robin

Robin,

that's kind of what I meant, not a cuss on you, just the realisation that I was getting caught up in something just for the sake of it, with no real passion other than the fact that I enjoy an argument. I looked long and hard at bhuddism and found it .... too nihilistic. But that's not important. You're right in this case that the experience of getting annoyed with the argument is entirely of my own making, it just took a bit of Teutonic pish-taking to snap me out of it. I don't believe in Karma... but whatever, one interpretation of it applies here.

Be Happy.....hard to know what that means. An imperative, but how to go about it? Chasing happiness is pointless, you have to do what you do and allow happiness to alight on you like a butterfly on your shoulder. I have a Zen approach to happiness/fulfillment.

Keep making music.

KasioRoks.

PS I bet we're still pishing Impulseridex off!!

that's kind of what I meant, not a cuss on you, just the realisation that I was getting caught up in something just for the sake of it, with no real passion other than the fact that I enjoy an argument.

If that makes you happy then it is good. I quite enjoy it too :D

Jainism is the practice of finding what is wrong with every thought , and therefore the universe.

My approach to bhuddism is practical not theoretical ( but obviously one enhances the other and allows you to communicate your experiences ). Far from being nihilistic , I find the void to be scintilating and thrilling.

Theoretically buddhist philosophy seems to be nihilistic but when you are set face to face with the clear light the whole thing turns on its head ... the philosophy is just a trick , to throw you out of your usual ways of thinking. Just like many of the tricks in Zen Buddhism. Once you know yourself it all becomes irrelavent.

Be Happy.....hard to know what that means. An imperative, but how to go about it?

It is actually very simple ... a form of recognizing yourself. " And no longer will we be blown by the tempest , but we shall hold the bridles of the winged steeds of the dawn."

You don't go about it , it happens to you when things are right. I think you say that in your next sentence.

I have a Zen approach to happiness/fulfillment.

If you call it Zen you affirm , if you say it is not Zen you deny , beyond affirmation and denial .... what is it ?

A Zen Koan

PS I bet we're still pishing Impulseridex off!!

I doubt it if he practices what he preaches.

I hope your boss doesn't fire you for contemplating your navel :D

I hope your boss doesn't fire you for contemplating your navel

It would be a relief. But then I'd be back on the pedigree chum...damn.

Just typed out about 600 words on why I don't subscribe to a Bhuddist philosophy, but then I came up with a more important question: when is Tricky going to stop us from blathering on like this? I bet Mano would have moved us somewhere by now!

Laters,
KasioRoks.

PS I had a good, but potentially dangerous idea for a game. I'm sure you've heard of the Turing Test (namechecked in Blade Runner any sci-fi bods reading this). It occurred to me that it might be cool to get people to say what they thought people on the site were like outside of cyberspace. You could go well beyond just guessing gender (lets face it almost everyone here is male) to race, education, profession, age etc, etc. Possibly people could upset each other and flame-wars would abound. Any thoughts?

PPS Surely someone has got to move this thread now - maybe it should just be binned?!

Just typed out about 600 words on why I don't subscribe to a Bhuddist philosophy, but then I came up with a more important question: when is Tricky going to stop us from blathering on like this? I bet Mano would have moved us somewhere by now!

I brought this thread to Mano's attention and he said it was fine as there was some relavent info in it. :D :D :D

I don't subscribe to buddhist philosophy myself either , I have just practiced it along with a fair few other religious systems. Personally , I practice following my luck , and enjoying where that takes me.

You could go well beyond just guessing gender (lets face it almost everyone here is male) to race, education, profession, age etc, etc. Possibly people could upset each other and flame-wars would abound. Any thoughts?

Well I reckon you are mid to late 20's , did philosophy ( as an outside course ) at college or uni , possibly read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenence , are now working for a corporate company and not overwhelmingly happy with your job. You would like to be doing music and DJing for a full time living but are unsure how you would meet your financial commitments if you made the leap ( and quite rightly ). I reckon you have a missus and a mortgage. You live in London , as do I ... you are english by nationality but not nescecarily race , but I suspect you are of Anglo Saxon extraction.

Hows that for putting a cigarette lighter to your pyre ? :D :D :D

Fancy a shot at me ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, pretty close - philosophy was right, age right, racial extraction pretty close (AngloIrish). I never read Zen & the art of Motorcycle Maintenance (well just a few paragraphs that relate to some other aspects of philosophy to do with the self). I don't work for a corporate company, I temp because up until about a year ago I had a record deal with a band. I've only dj'ed a few times and I was baaad at it - I don't even have any decks! The reason I don't take the leap back into music is that I just don't have the stuff to put out at the moment, but I'm working hard on it. But life was so much easier when I was signed! I'm not married and I don't have a mortgage hence still being out clubbing at the weekends (well some weekends anyway).

You:
hmm. 30ish. Degree in a sciency subject, maybe electronic engineering. I have a feeling that you may have some kind of Asian extraction - but that might be because I knew and AngloIndian Robin at Uni! I don't think your main source of income is music - but it may be part of what you do. Schitt this is harder than I thought! Married, no kids, mortgage. How'd I do? Send me a PM rather than clog this thread up any more.

KasioRoks.

Hi KasioRoks,

Tried sending you a PM but the thing freaked out on me twice and Mano hasn't put in the code to remeber fields on a back button. So I will put it up here.

Well very good with the age and the proffession. Actually I am a sound engineer foremostly and run my own studio. For a several years now I have been a releasing artist and ran one record label , Funktastique Records. Creative and business practice differences with my old partner lead to a messy split and I am now trying to get Opaic Records off the ground.

Racially I am Irish ... old Ulster clan on one side , and the settled AngloIrish of the Pale on the other.

My degree and masters was in social anthropology with philosophy and biology and geomorphology on the side ( Scottish Uni ).

Actually did my fieldwork in Ireland , studying musicians and their identity.

What was your band , and what music did you do? And most importantly why do you feel yourself unable to reconnect?

Email me if you wish ....

robin@opaic.com

Back