FL Studio Time Stretching Issue

johnacsmith

Hello, I'm using FL Studio with audio clips that I've added to my project. I'm used to using the Draw tool to trim off the excess of the audio clips that I do not want. I'm not sure if I hit a bad hotkey or something, but now, whenever I try to do this, the tool is time stretching the audio clips instead of trimming them down or extending them back out.

Also, since this may be related, I will mention that in the Playlist window and in Piano Roll mode, I was previously holding Shift+Alt and clicking/dragging to duplicate a clip/pattern or note and snap to the grid (holding Alt would make it snap to bigger sections, like 1/4 note I think), but now, holding Alt does the opposite - it removes the snapping that Shift uses by default.

Edit: The Draw tool used to do the inverse of what the Slip tool appears to do. I'm dragging with the Slip on an audio clip and it pulls the audio clip out to expose the full recording, but it's "docking" the audio clip to the side I'm dragging from, which is the inverse of how I was using the Draw tool.

What changed and how can I fix the time-stretching issue? Thanks!

Last edited:
Back