(FL Studio) Question about exporting

GRiiM

Are you supposed to export your track as a wav first, and then convert it to mp3? Because i exported it as an mp3 and it sounds muffled on cheaper headphones, but perfect on my sennheiser 280's. Is it just that the headphones and earbuds are bad, or something else?

Hard to tell without seeing/hearing your various headphones/speakers, etc. But _yes_, your master file should be a high-quality lossless file. Most people use .Wav (easy to go right to CD).

Make your MP3's from your .Wav file. What bit rate were you using?

Ok I knew that was what I should've done. Going straight to mp3 compressing everything seemed counterintuitive. So I'll export a wav then make it an mp3. Also the bitrate was 320kbps. And Im an idiot. I was using earphones and a gaming headset without the mic to calibrate the mix lol. Of course they'll sound bad.

If MP3 is selected as export format, every DAW renders a temporary audio file on the fly in the background first. This (rendering the audio file, converting to MP3 file) may done so fast due to the enormous processing power of todays CPUs it won't be noticeable. But if you monitor the RAM usage in real-time you should see it.

Back