FL Studio Midi problem, should be an easy fix?

ImClockwise

Hey guys,

I'm suddenly having an issue with recording Midi from my Akai MPK Mini, everything used to work perfectly, but now, when I play notes on the keys while RECORDING, the notes are timed completely incorrectly on the piano roll. The issue seems to be timing, if I record a note BEFORE the 1/2 bar mark (half a measure) the notes will be automatically laid out at the start of the Bar or measure. Then, any notes that are recorded BETWEEN the 1st 1/2 bar mark and the end of the first Bar, the notes are automatically laid out at the exact start of the 2nd Bar.

In essence, when I play notes on the Midi controller, they sound correct and I can play whatever sequence I desire with no timing issues. However, when I press RECORD, the notes are laid out on the Piano Roll at the beginning of each bar or measure. It is as if Fl studio is rounding my notes up or down depending on if the note is played on the Midi controller before or after the halfway point on each measure.

I have attached an image to show you exactly how the piano roll looks when I play a simple 4 beat melody. The first two notes will automatically be recorded on the piano roll at the beginning of the first measure, and the last two notes will be recorded on the piano roll at the beginning of the 2nd bar/measure.

Any assistance would be appreciated! I am sure this is a simple fix in the settings or options! I have tried all Snap settings but this doesn't do anything.

PianoRoll.PNG

you have auto quantisation set to whole notes set this to something closer to 8ths or 16ths depending on your playing accuracy and and needs or even just turn it off

Your Global Snap is creating that problem.
panel_recording.png

flicon_snap.png
Global Snap Selector - Selects the Snap value applied to the Piano roll, Playlist and Event Editor when the local Snap (found on each of these windows) is set to 'Main'. Right-click the selector to select the default note length from the popup menu. Input quantizing - The settings on the Global snap determine MIDI input quantizing. That is notes played on a controller keyboard will snap to the value selected here during a MIDI recording. NOTE: The snap options (none), Line & Cell are not input quantized. The snap options are:
  • Line - Events snap to the nearest grid-line, notice that the grid changes resolution as the Piano roll, Playlist or Event Editor are Zoomed horizontally.
  • Cell - Events snap to the start of the grid-cell they fall in.
  • (none) - No snapping. Movement is limited only by the Project Timebase (PPQ) setting (F11). NOTE: Snapping can be temporarily disabled by holding the Alt key when dragging events.
  • Steps 1/6 to 1 (step) - Absolute grid values equal to the nominated fraction of a step.
  • Beats 1/6 to 1 (beat) - Absolute beats values equal to the nominated fraction of a beat.
  • Bar - 1 bar.
I use Line for Drums and Cell for Instruments.

Back