FL Studio exporting WAV to Pro Tools sound quality issue.

thisiswync

I've run into a problem. I make beats in fl studio, but I record vocals in protools. When I export the stem tracks to pro tools from fl studio, it seems as if the sound quality is degraded. When the beat was in FL Studio, it sounds great. Maybe because I put a limiter and multiband compressor on the master track in fl studio before finishing, I dunno. I also use effects on certain instruments in fl studio. After a little recording and eqing of the vocals in pro tools, I send it off for stereo mastering...but it never sounds space out. It just sounds clustered. An example is at the bottom of this post on the recent song I've done. I feel like the mix could be a lot better. Any tips? Should I leave it be (without comp,limit,panning and effects) and only mix in Pro Tools? Am I doing something wrong? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol https://soundcloud.com/iamwync/21-in-vegas-feat-d-mosely

One thing I can add is to take any effects off the mastering bus when u export stems. Each individual stem will be processed by that limiter and that can result in squashed stems.

Back