FL studio exporting issues

hamzi37

So..my first true song is near the end now,been working on it for like one month..also been using FL studio 11 for it..hardest part was changing volume up and down and up and down until I had my perfect volume of every sound that's in the song..I exported it in mp3 like hundred times with all kinds of different combinations in exporting menu but whatever I do,exported mp3 file doesn't sound like when I play my song in FL project.. volume goes way down in parts that should been louder than the rest,also the quality of my synths is not as cool and good as it is in project..please guys,help me :(

Make sure you have the options "HQ for all plugins" and between "64-point sinc" and "512-point sinc" selected.

Are you playing back your files in FL or through default media player? A default media player or default sound driver might alter the playback of the rendered audio (not the actual file). Also what effects do you have on your master mixer channel? What dB level is your song at (more importantly, is it clipping/giving a red color reading)?

search for audacity,
a high quality open source audio editor.
it's the best there is, and totally free, forever!

first record whatever you want.
then save it!!

after this you are ready to get to know the secrets of audio manipulation.

find yourself an expander,
an equalizer, a reverb and a compressor.

that's all you need.

spend some time to get to know your new toys.

when you do, it's time to get some lessons in philosophy and literature,
just to really understand what lyrics are all about.

after that, educate yourself in marketing and law.
when you are done with that, you will be ready to make some reel money in the game called entertainment (for the (ignorerend) masses).

and find some multitrack recordings to compare your own with, and help you with the process of mixing your instruments and vocals,
there are plenty out there to find...

HQ for all plugins is ON,64 and 512 also..
I'm playing it in FL studio because it's still a project,I just exported it to see will it be the same,and turns out it was not.
And yes,it's clipping a red color reading at some parts that are supposed to be really loud.
Master mixer effects - fruity phaser,limiter and reeverb 2
I suppose it's because of this red clipping,I can fix that,no prob,but still synth sounds have lower quality when exported :(

HQ for all plugins is ON,64 and 512 also..
I'm playing it in FL studio because it's still a project,I just exported it to see will it be the same,and turns out it was not.
And yes,it's clipping a red color reading at some parts that are supposed to be really loud.
Master mixer effects - fruity phaser,limiter and reeverb 2
I suppose it's because of this red clipping,I can fix that,no prob,but still synth sounds have lower quality when exported :(

Most likely. Put a Fruity Limiter as the last effect on the master to see if that helps (lowering everything would be better as far as mixing goes, but that's another topic). What synths are you using? I have no idea what they sound like, so it's hard to tell what the issue is. Also, do you have the same issue when exporting to WAV?

Lastly, if you have a legit copy of FL you can upgrade to 12 and see if that helps. If it's not a bug, then it likely won't do anything. There is also a support forum that you could check out if it is a software bug:
Index page ? Image-Line

Last edited:
Most likely. Put a Fruity Limiter as the last effect on the master to see if that helps (lowering everything would be better as far as mixing goes, but that's another topic). What synths are you using? I have no idea what they sound like, so it's hard to tell what the issue is. Also, do you have the same issue when exporting to WAV?

Lastly, if you have a legit copy of FL you can upgrade to 12 and see if that helps. If it's not a bug, then it likely won't do anything. There is also a support forum that you could check out if it is a software bug:

3 organs from fl studio's harmless plugin..i just made it to sound more synthetic and electric so it's still organ but more plastic and synth-like..but I think that the main problem is the loudness,I'm gonna fix that

lol I know it's important to study these fields but lol how is this related to FL exporting? haha xD

OP; how are you exporting your file?

philosophy + literature + law + Marketing = Music.

mind blown..

philosophy leads to methodology <-- useful to create a product of quality

literature leads to poetry <-- useful to write lyrics that speaks to the consumer

law leads to knowledge of rules <-- how not to get ****ed by other business people

marketing leads to selling the product people are willing to buy <-- useful when you want to make a living out of music

So...

yes

the top of the food-chain in the music industry is owned by people with a fair amount of education,
and not just how to master your track using massive.

Or like Tupac used to teach... Machiavelli is the writer to read, if you want to take the lead.

Last edited:
philosophy leads to methodology <-- useful to create a product of quality

literature leads to poetry <-- useful to write lyrics that speaks to the consumer

law leads to knowledge of rules <-- how not to get ****ed by other business people

marketing leads to selling the product people are willing to buy <-- useful when you want to make a living out of music

So...

yes

the top of the food-chain in the music industry is owned by people with a fair amount of education,
and not just how to master your track using massive.

Or like Tupac used to teach... Machiavelli is the writer to read, is you want to take the lead.

I don't disagree with this logic. But FL exporting is like...a specific topic. I do agree though, and I do study these fields rather extensively.

i just go export to mp3 and there xd

There's another way. Try saving the file using the save buttons within the upper right section of the program. It'll let you choose whether you want wav, mp3, etc. It'll also let you select splitting mixer tracks, and dithering, etc. Hopefully this way works better for you. :)

I lowed the volume all together and it sounds better,but still the exporting problem is not solved,sound loses quality when exported into wav or mp3 and volume has mind of it's own,it's like fl studio is trying to help me but it doesn't I just want to export what I hear on my project and it's killing me 7 days now I'll never finish my song like I wanted to...

There's another way. Try saving the file using the save buttons within the upper right section of the program. It'll let you choose whether you want wav, mp3, etc. It'll also let you select splitting mixer tracks, and dithering, etc. Hopefully this way works better for you. :)

nop,that didn't work out for me :(

hmm, are you doing .wav or only .mp3? I think .wavs have higher quality. How drastic is the difference in quality from the project to the export? I haven't heard of this before...

Last edited:
Put Edison on the Master track (after all other effects), select the recording input mode to "On input" or "On play", hit the record button, then play through your entire song. That will capture everything as it sounds after all effects on the master channel.

If you are using your primary sound driver, go to your settings tab and check under 'enhancements' and ensure there is no bass boost or anything else being applied. I have found that even with no enhancement, FL Studio still sounds different than compared to ASIO4ALL/other sound drivers.

So I mentioned ASIO4ALL, yes, I suggest using this to produce 100% of the time (it can also help with latency issues)

If you already know this, well then maybe others may read this and find it useful

jCTTmj4.png

OCzFYnp.png

YejTL9s.png

Attachments

• jCTTmj4.png
    jCTTmj4.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 13
  • YejTL9s.png
    YejTL9s.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
just to add to the discussion...

when I really want to check the sound, I upload it on soundcloud just so I can hear it played back on my smart tv. It a good one!
That one should be made for good performance and quality sound.
It's like my second checkpoint monitor-wise.
If it sounds good on tv, it's good enough for me.
If it sounds bad, often the bass is to harsh or soft, I need to get back to the mixing stage or( like most of the times,) just start another project (with hopefully a lesson learned)

Last edited:
Put Edison on the Master track (after all other effects), select the recording input mode to "On input" or "On play", hit the record button, then play through your entire song. That will capture everything as it sounds after all effects on the master channel.

Been there,done that,still the same problem

Back