FL Studio, effect on beat: down pitch, HOW TO?

Shirnak

I'd like to replicate something that I've seen on a song on FL studio. Its probably quite simple to do but I can't get it right. Download Kael - Vie D'epines (mix2).wav from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way The effect can be found at 10 seconds and at 1minutes 19 (seems like theres the same effect he use but he keep it so that the beat sound like under water, I tried to do it by lowering the EQ of the beat but it doesn't work as well as him). Thanks alot to the gentleman that is going to be able to help me!
-Shirnak

In FL Studio's Channel Rack, select the channel you want to edit (could be a sampler, generator, oscillator plugin, etc.), and in the channel's interface, click the Tool Icon (looks like a wrench)...

From there, modify Mod X and Mod Y

Mod X= Frequency , so high frequency will allow high pass, lower the value by turning the knob to the left (Counter Clockwise), and you will enable the Low Pass Filter to achieve the underwater effect.

Mod Y= Resonance, so if you want a sharp tone to it , turn it to the right(Clockwise) and if you want a duller, smoother sound from the Mod X, turn it left.

Hope that answers your question sufficiently.

Last edited:
Thanks alot, I found the pluggin Fruit Love Philter that does what you said :) but I still have no idea how he did the effect at 10seconds of the song at the start. If anyone knows :)

I know, check in youtube "glitch vst break".

You need this Vst to generate the break fx.

Bless

Last edited:
Thanks alot, I found the pluggin Fruit Love Philter that does what you said :) but I still have no idea how he did the effect at 10seconds of the song at the start. If anyone knows :)

Try automating a parametric EQ -at the point you want the effect you want on an empty trac put that trac after automation in the playlist when you want the highs to dip, LovePhilter just automates for you...Mod X, and Mod Y will let you automate your own way.

Or if you want all the music to sound that way , use a "fast lpf" on the Master Mixer Insert, and simply automate that on an empty channel, the drop it in the playlist.

Last edited:
Back