Fl Studio Creating a Seperate audio clip from one audio file?

ICEN

Punchline God
Eh, I don't how to explain this and not sure if this is possible in Fl Studio, I am not saying it is impossible because I have figured out a way to do what I am about to talk about but I am asking if there is a easier way.

What I am talking about is this.

Pretend someone sends you one vocal file or that you recorded a vocal file.

Now when you put this vocal file on a track/channel every effect, every EQ, every delay, and anything you add will effect the entire vocal.

But lets say 20 seconds into the vocal you want to add a effect ONLY to that part of the vocal and you do not want the added effect to effect the entire vocal file.

Is there a way to do this in FL STUDIO, like a way to cut a section of a vocal file and make that section of the vocal file separate from the original vocal file so that when you add an effect it does not effect the entire vocal file but just the section you want. Is there a way to highlight a section of a vocal file and make this section go to its own track/channel so that it is considered separate.

Is there a easy way to do this in Fl Studio?

I have not seen any videos on youtube that show if this is possible

I know its possible to do only by my way which I use, but I do not know if its possible to do any other way besides the way I do it.

This is how I do it

I look at the entire vocal file, then find the section which I want its own separate effects.

I cut that section out and delete the other vocals before and after it.

I then export the vocal to my desktop so that it creates a new vocal file.

I then open the exported vocal file and now I have it as its own vocal file this way when I add effects it only effects these vocals since they are now counted as a separate file.

It is just annoying to do this, I was wondering if there was a way you could simply just highlight a section in Fl Studio and make that section go to its own track or channel so its effects are separated from the entire vocal file.

Do any of you get what I am saying ?

Last edited:
Eh, I don't how to explain this and not sure if this is possible in Fl Studio, I am not saying it is impossible because I have figured out a way to do what I am about to talk about but I am asking if there is a easier way.

What I am talking about is this.

Pretend someone sends you one vocal file or that you recorded a vocal file.

Now when you put this vocal file on a track/channel every effect, every EQ, every delay, and anything you add will effect the entire vocal.

But lets say 20 seconds into the vocal you want to add a effect ONLY to that part of the vocal and you do not want the added effect to effect the entire vocal file.

Is there a way to do this in FL STUDIO, like a way to cut a section of a vocal file and make that section of the vocal file separate from the original vocal file so that when you add an effect it does not effect the entire vocal file but just the section you want. Is there a way to highlight a section of a vocal file and make this section go to its own track/channel so that it is considered separate.

Is there a easy way to do this in Fl Studio?

I have not seen any videos on youtube that show if this is possible

I know its possible to do only by my way which I use, but I do not know if its possible to do any other way besides the way I do it.

This is how I do it

I look at the entire vocal file, then find the section which I want its own separate effects.

I cut that section out and delete the other vocals before and after it.

I then export the vocal to my desktop so that it creates a new vocal file.

I then open the exported vocal file and now I have it as its own vocal file this way when I add effects it only effects these vocals since they are now counted as a separate file.

It is just annoying to do this, I was wondering if there was a way you could simply just highlight a section in Fl Studio and make that section go to its own track or channel so its effects are separated from the entire vocal file.

Do any of you get what I am saying ?

Just automate the plugin volume knob on the mixer for that short time. create an automation clip

Back