FL Studio 11 Compression after rendering track

Bigz

Has anyone else experienced an annoying issue where your beat sounds fine when your in FL studio but as soon as you render it to MP3, the song feels like it has compression on it on loud sections on of the song.

Is there an option to turn it off, its really annoying because what I hear on FL Studio is different to what I hear when I have rendered the beat.

It's a common feature of the ASIO4ALL feature, FL Studio doesn't render as it sounds in playback. I've since stopped using ASIO4ALL when I produce, so that when I render my music it actually sounds like it sounds when I'm producing. If anyone has a solution I'm all ears as well, but in 2 years of producing I've not seen one

Don't use mp3 but PCM encoded wav. Don't clip the master section during the mix. Red is bad. This should be enough to solve your problem ASIO4ALL or not.

ASIO4ALL has never caused an issue for me. What goes on in FL is the same outside. May I ask what sound driver you guys have with your computers?

My new laptop comes with beats audio, which does affect the sound. If you use ASIO4ALL in FL and a different driver outside of FL, you may definitely hear differences.

Well not sure about that since I can't recall it happening to me that way.

However I know that the plugin "Maximus" will seemly turn the volume up/down on different parts of your track if you have that plugin and didn't set the preset to default or something else. Back when I didn't know how to mix tracks I would just put Maximus on some of my songs, but when you load up maximus it doesn't set it as default so however Maximus is normally set up messes with the volume of your track.

I know because on for example: A chorus on a song will be turned down very low, then when the beat breaks down the track will sound loud as hell then go back down in volume when the chorus comes back. It was because of Maximus and how Maximus is set up when you load it without opening a pre-set.

The other problem is FL Studio automatically has the "Fruity Limiter" on the master track when you start a project.

So basically your track is louder than its suppose to be because you secretly have "Fruity Limiter" on your master track.

Thats the only things I can think of

But the only time I ever had a track get loud and low in volume was when I used to used Maximus wrong and put Maximus on my tracks back when I didn't know how to mix.

FL opening up with the limiter on the master channel is a template that can be easily changed. Just go to File>New from template>Minimal>Empty.

FL opening up with the limiter on the master channel is a template that can be easily changed. Just go to File>New from template>Minimal>Empty.

I produce of a HP Envy Laptop and it has a beats sound card inside, although I was using the standard driver, there was beats software that was still ****ing with the audio processing.

Back