Fill me in

FeatherWeight

I've been a silent observer of this forum for years now and it came to the point where I actually need help from you guys. I've been making beats since 2005/2006 and I always made rap with soulful/classical influences.

Now, it came to the point where my friends are demanding those things they hear on the radio and I myself think I need a massive update. So, could you guys fill me in in as much stuff (links, threads, drum kits, youtube tutorials, etc) so I can catch up on how to make trap sounding beats from automation, mixing to pitching of 808 drums and stuff.

I certainly appreciate your post, post anything you might find helpful, a simple thing to you might be invaluable to me,

Thanks, signing out,

FeatherWeight

Just take any 808 sample you have, make sure it's tuned, and play your kicks like you would a bass guitar melody... octave jumps, etc. etc. And make sure you use any sort of minor brass chords... although the orchestral trap sound is finally fading, now it's moving to more of a synthetic arpeggiated trap sound....

The best thing you can do is listen to the radio to hear what the current sound is, then try to take what they do and make it your own.

Back