feel good inc sound...

I was wondering if anyone has tried getting the sound from the hook on that ..?

i think beck did it too... actually, i think thats where the gorrilaz got that idea from..

thanks

Just to clarify: Are you talking about the pad, the saw synth with vibrato, or the FX being put on Del TFH's voice?

certifiedpro2914 said:
oh my bad dude.. the effects on dels voice.

What-- a sort of "telephone" style filter on the voice? I doubt they got the idea from Beck. It is used all the time... has been for years and years.

i suppose...
ive just heard beck use it recently..

im not talking about the rapping though..

im talkin about the hook.. where hes like talking bout windmills and **** lol..

the vocal distortion.... can be achieved easily with a filter and some harmonic overdrive (not too much distortion though, you dont want to mangle the transient too much.... some tape-saturation-modelling plugins are good for this if they have overdrive).

the izotope trash plugin has 2 distortion algorithms that can get you this sound... "harmonic drive" and "tape saturation"... just dont forget the filter (hp or bp with some resonance)

Last edited:
Uh...I think DEL TFH is on Clint Eastwood not FeelGood Inc. - I'm pretty sure that's De La Soul unless there's a remix or something...

But what effect are you guys talking about? I know theres the tape/tube/whatev effect in the verses, but on the hook/bridge/whatev?

- LeShaun

ya its de la soul.. thats why i was confused too at 1st lol..

im talkin about the effect on this verse...

Windmill, Windmill for the land.
Turn forever hand in hand
Take it all in on your stride
It is sinking, falling down
Love forever love is free
Let's turn forever you and me
Windmill, windmill for the land
Is everybody in?

Back