Feedback on a ~mastered~ track?

kim&jessie

death to our friends

Okay so I've been working on this song on and off for a few weeks and I'm finally satisfied with it, but, I've never actually mastered a track and I'm not completely sure how it's done? Like I don't know when it's at its optimal state, I'm not entirely sure what goes into mastering besides trying different EQ settings and seeing what sounds the best, and even then I'm working off a laptop with a pair of Beats headphones so it's not exactly masterful. Could I get some feedback on how this sounds? Like, just to make sure nothing is being drowned out, make sure everything sounds good? And what I should do to make it sound as full and finished as it can? Thank you for any input :~)

Hey man. It sounds alright but needs work on:

1)Levels some instruments are loud than other which sounds unpleasing for MY ears
2)Frequencies - the 4000-4500 frequency is the on that makes your song sound bad, always check it and cut itBad.png

Sounds good you just need to work on the middle part of the track, the kick feels like it has a lot of Low frequency

my opinion: interesting song really, i like it, but these drums could be better mixed, somehow to hit a little harded..again thats just my vision

Last edited:
Back