Fatman FAT1 Valve (Tube) Compressor

B

boogidy

I'm thinking about buying the FAT1 (I have not yet priced it in U.S. dollars). It seems to be very reasonably priced.

fat1.gif

If anybody has experience with valve compression, let me know if it's worth the cost. Personally I feel that it is.

~boogidy

It's DA BOMB!!!

This is the stuff that pro audio engineers use (although sometimes they won't say they do:D). I've never heard the FAT myself but I've got a really close friend who has some of their older stuff and he said it f**ing rocks. I have no reason not to believe it does... This guy is a compressor freak, he has a 16 compressor system that makes his productions sound amazing, otherworldly. Well, IMO his music sucks actually (I hope he never get to read this:D:D) but it SOUNDS otherworldly for sure...

Sorry to be such a novice but we all gotta start somewhere... How do you use a compressor? I'm thinking that its useful for isolating a sound, but I don't quite get how its done.

BenjaminKelsey said:
How do you use a compressor? I'm thinking that its useful for isolating a sound

dont worry you can ask any question even basic stuff, this place is here for all of us to learn :cheers:

Actually... a compressor is not made to isolate a sound. You use a compressor when you want to give an extra punch to your overall master, or individually for each track on the mixing console in studio.

What it does is: it takes the gain and makes it much louder, as powerful as possible, BUT also compresses the sound gain so it never get distorded.

There are several ways to describe a compressor actually, and I am sure somebody else would be able to explain even more.

Take care, hope this helps!

:victory:

Back