Export Volume Varies. Ableton.

Mista Unknown

I just finished up a beat and decided to try POW-r3 dithering instead of triangular default or none as I usually do. I was surprised at the volume it had. So naturally I was excited. I dont think i have ever achieved having the volume the same as it sounds in my DAW. Well I went back in and made a few minor edits and exported again with the same export settings and it was waaaay quieter. So went back in and exported again. It was loud, but I had a clip selected, so all I actually exported was that one clip. Tried again, it was quiet. Closed Ableton and reopened and exported and it was loud again. Made more changes and exported again and it was still loud. I did some listening last night and this morning and went back in and adjusted a few things and added cymbal crash and lowered a couple snare volumes, nothing major, and exported and again it was quiet. I tried again, quiet. Closed iTunes and ableton and reopened and exported and it was loud again. What am I missing here? Is this just a glitch or a known issue or just random? If its as simple as saving the project, closing ableton, then reopening and exporting everytime, thats not a huge deal i guess. Annoying and not ideal but id still do it. But im worried i just got lucky and makes me not want to make any more changes. Lol. I probably shouldn't but im sure i will want to. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

I've used Ableton to render millions of times and there are no bugs with it's levels. Also, dithering has no effect on overall level... at least none that a human could detect.

Krushong, I always have normalization off. March Hall, that makes sense to me. Any idea what may be the issue? Or has anyone heard of this being a bug in Live 9.6.2?

Back