Even without the DAW, you should read the fruity loops manual.

crimsonhawk47

Thought I should just throw this up here. I am really delving into the Fruity Loops plugins and there is some really informative stuff in this manual.

https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/plugins/Fruity Limiter.htm

That, for instance, will help you understand compression more, in a general sense. But if you have FL, and you're not totally sure how to use some of the plugins, it's also very descriptive. It even explains what the Soundgoodizer is actually doing, and gives you exact parameters in the Maximus plugin (which basically means you could take a preset of soundgoodizer you like and fine tweak it within maximus).

They have links to their own tutorial videos as well. Dig in.

Last edited:
I wish all programs came with an extensive manual like this. I don't use FL studio but I've actually read the whole thing. :-)

That's not to say other manuals aren't extensive.. Cubase user manual is a whooping 1000 page manual, but there's a clear difference between these 2.

Last edited:
If even the FL users would read the manual...that'd be a great start :)

It would clear up so much for so many people, I can't believe they rather spend tens of times longer than that waiting for replies and watching YouTube videos, when most of it is right there.

An operation manual which people do not read and then ask how to operate said program.

Last edited:
I really like how they described compression and what you could do with the fruity limiter, but they didn't say what sounds good. They just said what makes what sound like what

It would be quite awkward if the manual would give suggestions on what sounds good and what doesn't.. :O

Back