Electricity noises and rare sounds

F

fasanimar

Hi guys, I'm trying to have fun with some flash cos a I'm bored to death with some client works, and I was trying to find some noises.
I was trying to get them on the net, or just record them myself from the scrath.

Homever, I'm pretty bad at sound...
Probably someone will give me a good advice or point me to some resource out there ;)

the best would be to get into REAKTOR 3.0 by Native Instruments (a complete visual programming language where you build sound generators from scratch) but that's a little too crazy.

You can plug a microphone, and capture the sound of a sheet of paper you manipulate (tear apart, compress, etc..) and then pitch your sound up (transpose an octave or two), apply some filters (to make the sound either high or low freq. etc.. time stretch it (record 5 minutes of this stuff and compress it to 15 seconds... surprise! or the contrary.. record 20 seconds and expand it to 5 minutes :) )

I recommend Sonic Foundry SOUND FORGE for these operations. It is a very good sound editing program... you dont need to know how to compose music or anything... you just open/record WAV files and tweak them.

take care Martin, feel free to post any question

also, if you have a minidisc walkman, you can record/capture ANYTHING you want in the streets, at home (hidden recorder!), in the kitchen (those frying pans can make some good sounds!) etc.. and then plug it to your sound card's Line IN and capture it back in Sound Forge etc..

:) sound is a field with no limitations

if buy sound forge u can download a load of samples or they come free on cd, i have about 113mb that came with it some cool noise that r good to mess around with.

mmm just thought sample mame!!!! :D those old roms have some cool sounds

Back