Effect of audio interface to exported sound quality?

Plu

Hi, just thought to ask if anyone would be in better knowledge about if different audio interfaces would affect exported sound quality.
I understand the pathways of the effect when recording or sending sound to speakers, but this one is not so clear to me.

I would also be interested to hear about any experiences with exporting same material from different software.
Like if a song composed in Reason is transferred into Logic or some other DAW, have one heard clear differences in the sound. Would be very interested to hear as precise descriptions as you could tell, from one word to whatever. Thanks!

-Plu

Hi, just thought to ask if anyone would be in better knowledge about if different audio interfaces would affect exported sound quality.
I understand the pathways of the effect when recording or sending sound to speakers, but this one is not so clear to me.

No difference - the interface simply doesn't play any part in the rendering process. It's all number-crunching in the computer.

I would also be interested to hear about any experiences with exporting same material from different software.
Like if a song composed in Reason is transferred into Logic or some other DAW, have one heard clear differences in the sound. Would be very interested to hear as precise descriptions as you could tell, from one word to whatever. Thanks!

Well, many a heated debate has been had on this subject...and usually the people who claim there's a "day and night difference" between DAW X and DAW Y either vanish from the conversation when asked for any kind of proof or they've made some basic mistake (ie. different settings) in their comparisons that skew the results one way or the other. In other words, I doubt there are big differences between the basic "sound" of different DAWs; just that there are a lot of settings that may or may not be on by default that will cause differences in the exported output to arise.

No difference - the interface simply doesn't play any part in the rendering process. It's all number-crunching in the computer.

Well, many a heated debate has been had on this subject...and usually the people who claim there's a "day and night difference" between DAW X and DAW Y either vanish from the conversation when asked for any kind of proof or they've made some basic mistake (ie. different settings) in their comparisons that skew the results one way or the other. In other words, I doubt there are big differences between the basic "sound" of different DAWs; just that there are a lot of settings that may or may not be on by default that will cause differences in the exported output to arise.

Thanks for your thoughts, that's pretty much what I've been thinking about these questions, though I didn't know for sure about the fact that if audio interface takes a part when rendering, so glad to hear about that.
Gotta do some testing in near future between the DAWs mentioned, but may take some time because just started to learn Logic... but yeah, interested to hear results even with different settings/plugs (especially compressors) because Ive been kind of stuck with only using Reason for many years now, as a DAW i mean along with hard synth and recording soft. So naturally haven't even been using any VSTs.

Back