Editing, Hiss Reduction, Noise Reduction

deadmic1

i record with a eurorack running right into my comp. with a shure ksm-27 mic, i have a 16-bit soundcard but i'm having an issue

i use cool edit to edit my vocals, and i used to have this "noise reduction" preset that i got off of blazing mic.com, well that website no longer exists and i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find that preset or any other one that is similar

my aim screen name is:deadmic1
my e-mail address is:kasper2000bc@msn.com

anyone that helps me with this will recieve a free beat from my man
"S T A R"

thank you to anyone that is able to help me

Hiss reduction = SOUND reduction.

Get a preamp that isn't so noisy instead of trying to "band-aid" it later.

thanks but that isn't what i was asking for...some of us should learn to read a bit better...thanks for taking the time out to shed some light on the subject though, your probably right...

johns right and im not sure what he missed in his interpretation of your albeit it rather vague post.

as i read it...
you are editing vocals in cool edit but are having an issue (recurring it would seem) that used to be solved by a "noise reduction" preset from a website. since you no longer have this you wanted someone to provide you with it again.

did i follow this correctly?

if so then as said before, the best way to treat a "noise" issue is to cut it off at source. this holds whether it be hiss or hum or anything else. preventing it being recorded always provides superior results to try to remove afterwards.
any noise reduction type process is always a trade off between preserved audio quality and removing the noise. you have to balance one against the other.

look into why you are getting hiss all the time, are you having to gain too much on the pre?

if theres no way to stop it at source and the sound is generally always the same, try recording only the sound and reversing its phase on a second track, this should cancel out much of the noise.

if not just use an EQ, a combination of a low pass and some notching cuts will help reduce the noise but preserve some of the vocal.

Back