Ear Fatigue or Crappy Mix/beat?

Hey man. Basicaly you should mix in different systems and monitors and compare. Take a listen in a car speaker too. In your DAW, make sure your track sounds good in mono and stereo. But your most important concern should be buying a reference monitor, it really is a game changer. I would recomend KRK Rokit for bedroom producers and/or beginners.
Good luck

Hey man. Basicaly you should mix in different systems and monitors and compare. Take a listen in a car speaker too. In your DAW, make sure your track sounds good in mono and stereo. But your most important concern should be buying a reference monitor, it really is a game changer. I would recomend KRK Rokit for bedroom producers and/or beginners.
Good luck
A very good line of monitors, I own KRK Rokit's RPG2, I imagine RPG3 should has a lot of improvements. In my case I own KRK Rokit's of 8'', but in my humble opinion, perhaps it's good for he to wait and buy a VXT4 pair with a subwoofer, I think it's better.

I call down my wife whom has no clue about production, house music what so ever. If she says, it's alright, I know I'm on the right track. :)

But yea, I make my first mix on headphones, and when I turn on studio monitors it can sound crappy. It can be tired ear but it can also be "first" impression and the real status of your mix. I always believe myself first time I hear something, that includes changing output hardware. Let's say I mixed down something today. Went out or went to sleep, next time I hear my mix is the real status of my track, that first impression.

I call down my wife whom has no clue about production, house music what so ever. If she says, it's alright, I know I'm on the right track. :)

But yea, I make my first mix on headphones, and when I turn on studio monitors it can sound crappy. It can be tired ear but it can also be "first" impression and the real status of your mix. I always believe myself first time I hear something, that includes changing output hardware. Let's say I mixed down something today. Went out or went to sleep, next time I hear my mix is the real status of my track, that first impression.
It's true, you have to listen again your track to be sure all it's ok with the mixing and mastering.

I don't know what type of headphones you use but I always recommend using open headphones to mix and master your music. Closed headphones are not made for long studio sessions. Hope it helps :D

I love my Yamaha HS8's. They've made an enormous difference in the quality of my mixes and mastered tracks. I had to save up for them (about $700/pair on Amazon), but they were totally worth it. Previously I was using Rokit 5's, some Roland MA-8's, and my headphones and never could seem to get an accurate product that would sound good on my computer speakers, living room stereo, car stereo, or MP3 player. I still compare among all these before I "go final," but now it's much less often that I need to any major re-mixing. Only little tweaks now as I'm something of a perfectionist as most of us are. Someday if I can afford it, I'd like to get some quality open-back headphones like the Shure SRH1840's, but that's $500 I just don't have right now...

Back