Does gauged ears effect your mix?

Timothy_314

exactly what it says, Does gauged ears affect your hearing then intern will it effect your mix?
I just recently stretched my ears out and now when I'm mixing something just doesn't sound right, could it be my gauges or maybe I'm just hearing more then what I used to? I remember when I went to school they said wearing hats and sun glasses and things like that can effect your hearing / mix, if my stretched ears are going to effect my hearing then I'm taking them out they're not worth having a crappy mix over.

exactly what it says, Does gauged ears affect your hearing then intern will it effect your mix?
I just recently stretched my ears out and now when I'm mixing something just doesn't sound right, could it be my gauges or maybe I'm just hearing more then what I used to? I remember when I went to school they said wearing hats and sun glasses and things like that can effect your hearing / mix, if my stretched ears are going to effect my hearing then I'm taking them out they're not worth having a crappy mix over.

As you are stretching there may be more tension on your ears - if you are gauging fast. But once the process is done, you'll be %100 a-ok.

Last edited:
Only thing I can think of is the metal in your ears causing some sort of interference, but I'd doubt that. Not sure with gauges, but I've worn tons of jewelry in my day and some fairly big earrings without ever experiencing this. Maybe if they're made of steel, and big, they cause magnetic interference?

May just take some getting used to if your gauges are big enough to have changed the shape of your ear dramatically at once. Could change the way sounds travel thru your ear canal...That would be like moving your speakers just the slightest bit though, I'd assume.

Last edited:
When you got your gauge stretched to the point they're at now, did you notice a difference in your hearing? I mean, literally, when the last gauge got put in, did you say to yourself, "wow, I can notice a difference in my hearing". If not, then the gauge probably won't affect it.

I've yet to come across anything related to hearing being affected by piercings. That would be interesting though.

Peace.

well, I kind of took a break for a little wile from mixing and wile on my break I've stretched my ears, I sat down the other day and started mixing some stuff and something just doesn't sound right and I was wondering if it could be my gauges, I'm thinking now I might just have some ear wax build up.

Might be ear wax or a build up to an ear infection.

Back