Distortion until the Drums kick in

El Tambores

So when I make a beat in FL Studio, it will sound completely fine on my monitors and also fine in headphones etc. But when I play it in bad quality speakers, specifically my phone's, it gets this micro distortion. A distortion that you probably wouldn't notice if you didn't pay attention but that is there.

The thing is that this distortion happens only in the intro of the beats, when is just maybe 2 channels of omnisphere playing, or something similar to that. When the drums/the other voices enter, it disappears. It seems like, for some reason, when there is space in the frecuency spectrum, the program fills it with this little distortion or some shit.

I also get a micro distortion sometimes with the kicks, even less loud that the other one, but it makes the kick not sound 100% right if you really pay attention. And this one you kinda can tell in high quality speakers also, not just in the phone's ones.

I tried a lot of things about mastering and mixing, and i'm starting to think the problem is in the exporting of the file, but i don't know. Somebody with similar experiences or who knows what could be happening? It's driving me nuts.

Some problems can come from file rendering. But, have you checked your mix volume? The drum volume? Is anything borderline (peaking)? Are you using any hard limiting or loudness maximizers?

Yea is none of that. Nothing over 0. Usually in the intros the sound is under -6 or less, its not loud at all, and then in the chorus it goes up to -1 or so and theres when the problem disappears. Should be the other way around if it was the levels:/
I use a multiband compressor with a preset in the master usually, not always, and i try to be cautious with the gain, so idk :/

Back