Dark Pad

Everythiing

Hi guys,

Theres a video on youtube by "iamamusicmogul" and its called "How to make a dark pad like Drake,Bryson Tiller, The Weeknd"

The guy in the video uses Logic and uses an organ-plugin thats called "vintage b3 organ".I could not find it anywhere in the web so I guess it is only available for Logic...Am I right?One that I have is "Vintage organs" by NI,but to me that plug does not have as good sounds as the "vintage b3 organ".Do you know any other alternatives or good sounding organ vst plug ins (Of course it would be best if you could tell me some free ones :P)?

The B3 refers to the Hammond B3, the classic 400+lbs organ that's been used on countless records and this specific model is probably usually just referred to as "a Hammond". Since the real thing is so unwieldy, has a lot of parts to maintain and still fairly expensive, there obviously are a lot of plugins that emulate it. A big part of the Hammond sound is also the "spinning tremolo", which is originally created by a special speaker called the Leslie - it's speakers are actually, physically, spun around by a motor causing the effect (look it up on Youtube), and the speaker's spinning speed (or stopping the motor completely) is controlled from the organ.

Anyway, this is an old-ish post, but I'd wager most of these are still available: 7 Free VSTs for Hammond B3 emulation | Blogosaur

Back