Cool Edit 2000 question. PLEASE HELP!

C

cel2k.com

I was wondering if there is anyway to break up my mixing session that I record onto cool edit 2000. Instead of having one long song can I break it up into different songs. If so can you please explain how to do it? Thanks!

peace, love, and nappiness.

one more thing, I wanted to have it so I can break up the songs, but want to have my mix one continuous mix. (no break between songs)

thanks again

First you need to find out where you want to cut the song. Then highlight from that point, all the way back, to the start of the song. Cut that portion out and paste it to a new song window. Save it as your first track. Then do that for the rest of the song.
In order to get rid of that break between songs, you will need to set that on your CD burning software. I know my Adaptec Easy CD recorder has it.

-from my experience in Sound Forge it is quicker to copy and paste, rather than cut and paste. Copying means storing the section in RAM, while cutting means storing section in RAM and removing from hard drive. The problem with this technique is that you need to be right on the money when highlighting the next track, because you don't want any spaces or overlaps (although I doubt you would notice anything less than a ms, but I could be wrong)

-the function that Kee is talking about is called 'Disc-at-once' which removes the 2 second space inbetween each track. I am not sure if there are actually two seconds of space on the disk or if it just some code giving your CD player instructions to not read the next track for 2 seconds, but most likely option B

www.goldenhawk.com

get cdrwin and a cueeditor
then you only need your file 600MB for example ... with a cue editor you create your cuefile and set the tracks ... after that burn it with cdrwin or NERO

cYa
MAZ

Back