computer recording

A

astral2222

First off , ihave been reading a major part of the post and i think most of it is bull shi@@.
working with computers are the future but there are some things that need to be said..
If u are seriuos about recording and u are tracking (multiple tracks)on a comp u need a mac running protools.Reason ==== dsp ...
let your comp worry about grafix and other minor functions .....
second. A sound blaster live will not get u a hit recording no matter what computer u have ,speed,ram,disc speed,ext
16 bit sound blaster ad/da converters sux,u have to spend some money on a good sound card.....24 bit
at least.
U must use a break out box ,gets cpu noise out of recording.Internal sounds cards will get u nothing.

no no

If u had sometime browsing around the site u should notice that many people here are starting doing music, and what they have its all that they will need to do a hit recording. Of course ad/da converters of a home use card arent top of the line but I dont see why u can do ur job. I have top gear now with all these years but some of my releases were done when cubase didnt dream of being audio, using samplers that were 16 bit ,with 1mb ram, lots of gear through mixer and processing gear straight to DAT.
Of course music nowdays has to be colored and powerful, but it never should overrun composition and idea.

To say that someone can't produce a hit record using [insert ANY device here] is bullshit.

You would be surprised what can be done with modest or even beginner hardware. The technology used on budget soundcards today rivals that of the most expensive card you could buy 7 or 8 years ago.

You could rattle off hundreds of specs and technical details that one needs to have a "hit recording". But for every one I could name an artist, or song, or album that was produced on a seriously low budget.

Chicane (a hit album moitored and mastered through a technics hi-fi amp)
Fatboy Slim (The guy is so lo-fi it is sick)
Dario G (recorded a smash #1 single on a pirated version of Cubase)

I could keep going.........

I am not by any means being argumentative. My point is simply, use what you got and do the best with it. And don't tell others that a particular piece of equipment is their downfall. It may just make them prove you wrong. :)

peace,

fitz

ha ha ha i agree just wanted to get something going:)
i have used pcs for a few years and i am currently running 25,000 protools rig .I still use pc.
(prince) had a hit single that was done with a 4 track ....
tape.

yeah, gotta dig how grimy yet clean fatboy slim can get ... interesting to see that Mike Lobo said that he had releases before cubase was even dreaming of audio - but then again, using external gear is always a good idea .... personally i use a 600mhz laptop for webdesign and live VJ shows, and a G4 with digi001 for music production ... i dunno, it's addictive ... pro tools that is ... it's like ... the more u use it, the more u fall in luv wit it...haha sounds weird, but it is sooooo truuuuueeeeeeee

ogh i gotta go and stroke my g4, please excuse me (i'm serious .... :D)

Back