Chopping! (Audio)...Pro Tools

i-clan

i have got into chopping out bits of synth lines and trying to rearrange them a bit ... occasionally i just have to have a bit of audio, but it is in the middle of a big chunk and i chop it out and then it goes XCLICK at the start and/or finish. Is there a little technique to fix this... i can't find any audio amplitude envelope editor in Pro Tools ...5.0.1

maybe it is in 5.1?

easyly fixed first of when u have your clipping of audio or section ,,zoom completely as far in as it will go at the begining of the audio piece /// make shure u are in slip and not on grid mode... click on the icon that high lites all three tools ( the grabber ) looks like three arrows...
when u are zoomed in on the begging of the wave form drag the mouse over the begging to creat a fade just a small one this will get the pop out of the begging .. do the same for the end
second select the pencil tool and zoom in full this will let u draw the wave form on the track and erase or correct pops clicks and noises...

5.1 has a thing called strip silence that automaticly clips silence out of audi sections and creates fades in one shot .. It sections ,lets say a drum loop,each drum out into indavidual files perfectly= drum hh kick snare.

Awesome stral, thankyou very much, i didn't know that i could draw in over the waveform!

concerning the 5.1, i gues i have to buy eh? i received free upgrades to 5.0.1 cos i bought it with the digi001, but now - have to pay to upgrade i guess.

hey, did you know that beginning may 16th, digidesign are going to have it so you can have a free webpage on their directory if you have bought a system of theirs? cool eh, like, this company is just going to get bigger and bigger, so it would be a good iidea to take advantage of this offer. it's free, and it's publicity, so i reckon it's the go!

thanks again astral. you seem to have a very good grasp of the PT vibe.
;):cool: :)

I work with protools and with the company cant say more about that but the protools system is the best(mix system) if u have the money.. most master use it and more and more profesionals use it to track with ...
i have used protools with no other effects besides tdm and rtas/ as on many hit singles and some records that are on the top of bb charts keep playing with itand if u need any more tricks or info i will help

yeah it's awesome how it is a production tool, but is a kickas$ mastering tool aswell. Although i like T-Racks too for that. ;) I'm a digi001 dude on a g4, it's okay. well, it rocks. but yeah, i know a mix systemwith dsp farm would be choice too. Well, if things happen and move forward as they are, looks like i'm on the way to that. I really love it. I read about pro tools early last year in a computer music magazine, and waited 3 months for the 2nd shipment of digi 001's to arrive. cool stuff.

been with it for over a year now.

got the fade thing happening, by selecting the area and choosing edit>make fades... it has to be onto an end of an audi section, it's cool, it works. good stuff.

nice to see you here astral2222. You know my favourite plugin? the green filter banks. they are so powerful. as warm as the filter knobs on my Mackie mixer ;) i wonder what a Mackie control surface would be like in conjunction with a MixTDM system .... obviously awesome. :)

0oh, PS - is there a plugin that provides echoing pitch flanging like one of the effects on the Korg Kaoss Pad can do? there are 'delay' effects, but from what ican tell, they just delay the occurence of the sound, the don't actually put an echo in. i love the reverb that came with protools :), but would like echo.

Also, is it hard to make an automated recording of realtime parameter changes on plugins like doppler, moogerfooger, and the green filter banks?

And do you think that the effect of the Antares mic mod is a little too subtle to be of any use?

:D haha, questions questions, i shall let u be now. Cheers and good will to ya.
i-clan freakency

there is a plugin called enigma by waves and it rocks for that very thing....give it a try there is a demo at www.waves .com version 3.0 u will love it ...
test out a focusrite control board with p.t thats awsome .... there are alot of interfaces that u can use..if u neede any more info on pliugs or just general questions i will be glad to answer them
p.s. i am starting a new thread in recording called protools.. :) see ya there

automation of effects are very easy and very adjustable .it is unbaleavable what u can do with auto mating effects with pt......u can run many effects and run automation on all tracks fades pans and all aspects of the effects anywhere at any point..i have never dreamed of something and not found a way to do it with pt .:)
wait untile auto tune 3 comes around it will be a major upgrade. try useing pitch n time 2.0 (there is a demo also),u can manualy adjust pitch and tempo with out afeecting the other ( pitch without tempo change-tempo change without pitch change)and it works better than anything i have ever used ,no pc plugs can come close .
the plugin auto mation====== on the plugin choose automation there will be a list of what paramaters , there is an arrow to activate the automation,once active there will be an automation grid just like pan and volume(in the mixer window)there u can adjust the effects.

on the fades subject u can creat fades anywhere at any point.on the top left of a session look at the icons that say frid / slip
the slip will alow u to creat a fade anywhere at any time ..
just remember the tool selecter that highlites all three tools at onces is the best choice.
it lets at the top of the wave form drag selector over any part at the bottom it lets u drag with the hand and u can automate with this as whel in volume or pan mode..

if u would like to creat a fade somewhere beside the begining or end of file ==== click slip then delete or apple x a very small selection in the middle of the 2 fades and them fade ether side or :)
click on show volume and make a fade any where u want to :)......

Back