cd music to record

D

Dj Tulip

if i have burned cds of songs is there any way to get them pressed onto vynil?? how much does it cost. also i have a numark dual cd mixers. it would probably be better just to use that. but id like both. any views?

it's not possible

when you press vinyls, you press several hundreds, because first the manufacture has to make a master (dunno the name in english, its a kind of model for all the copies) and thne the copies cost less.

We are talking thousands of dollars here though. It IS expensive. It's not like CDs.

very different

NOW... there are some new things to record a vinyl, but the machine costs still thousands and it's not the same quality as manufactured vinyls at all (only the BIG BIG people use this).

By the way, I'll move this thread to the forum called "Recording" because it doesnt really fit in "composing" ;)

Your first press is the expensive one(becuase they have to make plates for them ect) . They are fairly expensive although its not out reach (ive seen some fairly cheap prices around if you get them without labels and blank covers.. which is ok if your just passing around a whitelabel to get your name out there). After the first press the next ones are cheap as, but also bear in mind you have to go through a process where you hand out your acetates to have people play and test them to see if they are ok quality and sound levels ect.. and you may have to pay to get it repressed if it doesnt match the quality you are after.

Back