Can I seperate Effects on Different Channels?

Hisham

I just got a Lexicon MPX 1 and I am new to the whole external effects game. I have a Samson Mixpad 9 that has send and return connections so I can get my MPX 1 into the mix. I was able to set everything up and get the MPX working.

So hear is my question......can I only use 1 effect at a time. Is there any way to set external effects to do simultaneous effects. Like if I want a hall reverb on some sounds and a delay on some others. Looking at the way things are setup, it looks like I can only loop one effect back into my track.

I deally I would like to have one channel on my Samson receive an effect for percussions, a different effect on another channel for synth and another effect on another channel for bass etc...

Is this possible or are these things made with the intention of only putting out one effecr at a time? Would I have to get a different one of these for each track that I want to get a diifferent effect on?

I appreciate the help...

I don't know the MPX1, but I would guess the short answer to your question is no.

First off how many sets of inputs does the Lexicon have, if it's only one then no you can't, because it definitely does not support multiple processing. Also how many effects sends do you have, again if it's only one then not you can't because how are you going to split the different sounds up if they are in the same channel? (You could always use your fx between the sound source and the mixer to overcome this problem however).

Another solution is to record the effected sound to one track and then do the same with the next effect you want to apply to a different sound. The only problem is that you lose a load of flexibility this way, like if you decide that your long delay with loads of repeats actually clutters things up a bit you can't just change it. However you can just delete the track you recorded and go through the process again.

Just to warn you, you are about to enter the world of spending a sh!tload of money on outboard. A new mixer with more sends (possibly insert points as well) more fx, all the leads to go with them. Enjoy being broke;)

KasioRoks

Back