Is Bouncing the same thing as Mastering?

No
Bouncing a track is creating a new file including both edits and effects.
If you bounce a complete mix, then you can use the new file as a source audio for mastering which is the next step for your production.

Bouncing is your complete total production unless you want to bouce mix to master as a wav file. Which you dont really need to do. You can master the production using a mastering plugin like maximus! Helping those less unfortunate of what I just learned! Check out my thread I just posted with the best youtube video tutorial on mixing and mastering! It just help me understand everyting I really needed to ta be complete.
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/recording-mixing-mastering/best-mixing-mastering-youtube-video-tutorial-just-helped-me-alot-%2A-must-watch-445982/

bouncing is another way of saying trackout. It has, as laurend points out above, additional idea that it is processed and reflects any edits that may have been made.

the term comes from a time when the only way to make more room in a multi-track tape setting was to bounce tracks down to a stereo pair - you bounced everything you could out to two tracks retaining mix levels and panning and eq and effects that may have been applied/added at that stage, then started recording new material to the now vacant tracks.

Do not confuse this with bouncing out the stems of a project - generally the stems will be clean - no eq, no fx, no panning - so that they can be worked with by another mix engineer/producer

Back