Bluetooth or Wired does it make a difference ?

Xavi Beatz

Hey guys,
im curious since I don't have speakers at the moment and I'm in an apartment and only use headphones are there any good quality headphones that are bluetooth if not do you guys have any suggestion any good headphones ranging from $100-250$ thx.

Even though BT applications have gone forward leaps and bounds since the first shoddy implementations, there's no getting around the fact that 1) there's always latency - usually considerably so - with BT and 2) the sound is always compressed (there are multiple compression schemes with varying sound quality, afaik). If your BT system supports the aptX codec, that's supposedly the best it has to offer (said to be of "CD-quality"), then the quality might be...good enough. Doesn't get rid of the associated latency, though.

Even if you're in an apartment I would think you could easily mix with monitors - you're really not 'supposed' to be mixing at loud volumes. However I do use headphones to double check my mixes and for recording, and I use Bose QuietComfort35's. They are both bluetooth and wired, and the noise cancelling is absolutely amazing for recording vocals. They're a little above your price range ($330), but to me they're worth it if you also use them outside of production.

I wouldn't use BT for production though. I've noticed when using it the audio quality just isn't the same, and there are occasional peaks that aren't present when wired. This may just be my headphones though as they're getting old.

Bt for production ? Hell nah get a pair of monitoring head phones Sweetwater got some akg's from 45$ I think but u need a pair of monitors tbh bro

Always use wired when doing final mixing, if you HAVE to. There are latency and bandwith issues that color your mix with bluetooth headphones. If you can tho, invest in some good monitors. KRK's Rokit series are excellent.

Get monitors. You can't mix on a headphone.. at least, not until you've learned to mix on monitors. Headphone-only mixes tend to end up unfocused and soft.
When you have to use headphone, use one that's open.. closed designs lead to bass buildup and such.. it's never ideal but that's worse.

Back