Bizarre FL Studio problem - audio files moving independently

fendernez

I've been using FL 12 for a few months and have tonight encountered a bizarre new problem. I record an audio file of guitar and paste it into the track like normal. Then, whenever I reposition the cursor or actually play the track, the audio clip moves, completely independently, making it out of time with the track! I can actually see the file moving to the right as the track is playing! I thought there might be something wrong with my mouse but I tried another kind of mouse and it still happens. Has anyone else encountered this?

OK, I just realised something. This problem only seems to exist in tracks where I have added a "tempo automation clip" track. I just recorded guitars on a track which was the same tempo all the way through and there was no problem. Went into a track with tempo automation and it happened again. I record an audio clip with no problem, then when I try to line it up with the drum track, it moves whilst the track is playing, and starts moving every time I press play!!! WTF?!?!?

Yeah, that unfortunately happens with FL... I believe that is something being worked on for the near future. One way that I try to get around this is by bouncing everything that is moving around to an unsliced audio file (route to a mixer track, arm for recording by clicking the icon at the bottom of the mixer track, and pressing Alt + R).

Video on their update:

Yeah, that unfortunately happens with FL... I believe that is something being worked on for the near future. One way that I try to get around this is by bouncing everything that is moving around to an unsliced audio file (route to a mixer track, arm for recording by clicking the icon at the bottom of the mixer track, and pressing Alt + R).

Thank you - I will try the bouncing method

Last edited:
Back