BIG ISSUE with sound skips.

BoroBeats

Hey everyone. I am having a really annoying issue with fl studio. Whenever I record or playback, i get hiccups in the sound. After going to visit many forums I still can't find the solution. I know its not a underrun issue because my CPU can handle it, I have 10 g of RAM as well. I am pulling my hair out here. Can anyone please help?? Also the sound skips intermittently, there is no specific time between skips.
fl hiccup.jpg:cry:

waht plug-ins are you using and are any of them demos? that is the most likely cause of the problem

Thanks for your reply. I am using the same plug ins as before the issue started. I forgot to mention that this started to happen after I bought an audio interface. Everything was fine when using ASIO4ALL, I bought a Steinberg UR22 interface and the problem has been happening since then. Thanks.

It's very hard to attempt to diagnose without specifics. As BC said, could be plug-in issues. It could be a buffer issue (I know you said your computer can handle it, but have you tried changing?). It could be something with the way you set-up/configured the interface. Are you using MIDI, audio, or both? Is the whole track glitching/skipping/dropping-out, or is it just MIDI (or just audio)? Do you have the latest drivers for the hardware? Any way to post a sound sample of any kind? (Could use a video and post it on YouTube)...

GJ

Wow! sorry to waste your time guys. Rhythmgj i checked my interface config and sure enough. I had it plugged in a usb 2.0. I removed it and connected it to a 3.0, no issues for the past hour. thanks again

Coolio; awesome guys. A lot of times trouble-shooting is just like proofreading; after awhile, you've looked at it so long, you can't see the mistake right in front of your face. If you can't get someone else that knows what's up to look at it, sometimes the best thing is to just take a break and go back to it later. The issue usually pops right out at you!

GJ

Back