Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Vocal Mixing Plug-in?

Thanks

Best Vocal Mixing Plug-in?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I am fairy new to mixing vocals and I need a plug-in that do the most with some somewhat bland vocals when originally recorded. I'm working on my first major project so I gotta be on point with the vox. I got the IzoTope Nectar plug-in for my FL but it doesn't seem like I can do much with it... Maybe I'm not using it right I dunno... Anyways could you recommend me a great plug-in for vocals if Nectar aint it? Thanks.
    Last edited by Prosthetic; 03-21-2012 at 04:57 AM.

"I love a liar, but I hate a cheater." -Ari Gold

Thanks
    What do you need which doesn't feature in Nectar ?
    Mastering 2 per minute - 7/24/365 - 1 Hour turnaround - Free test - Try now
    MaximalSound.com

Thanks
    Agree with laurend - I'd dig into the manual for Nectar because it has pretty much every processor you'd ever need for vocals...
    Producer/Engineer/Instructor at RECW
    www.RECW.com

Thanks
    I guess I havent really dug deep into it, but at first it just seems like a bunch of presets, thats it. Imma look more into it

"I love a liar, but I hate a cheater." -Ari Gold

Thanks
    How does one end up with a $300 plugin without having a clue of its features? Oh, right...
    They Make A Desert And Call It Peace

Bittihiisi | Krushing | Krushord | Salaneuvosto |

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by krushing View Post
    How does one end up with a $300 plugin without having a clue of its features? Oh, right...
    Sorry Krushing but I've got to disagree. Everybody who ends up with a $6,000 Waves bundle knows how to use it. After careful calculations, I've concluded you're only required to have knowledge about your major purchases at or above $301. This still qualifies!!
    www.conealusa.com - - Wearing these hoodies will make your music better.... How? It's science! Don't question science!

Thanks
    I saw a girl texting & driving the other day & it really made me mad, so I rolled down my window & threw my whiskey flask at her.

Thanks
    I much prefer Waves as opposed to Nectar on Vocals. Plus Vocal Rider from Waves all but ELIMINATES the need to even compress vox anymore making your job way easier. Nectar is a great program but the presets don't give you enough creative freedom to mix your vocals right (Like carving out the eq from the reverb patches in Nectar" While plugins like R-verb from Waves have that option. If you have Waves go with that. Trust me. Ill be shortly posting up my vocal chain to help you guys out in a little bit.

Thanks
    "Vocal Rider works like an idealized version of a human engineer. Unlike typical compressors used to corral the vocals and keep them consistent within the mix, Vocal rider doesn't shrink the dynamic range of vocals or color them. AFTER YOU'VE GONE TO THE TROUBLE OF MAKING THE VOCALS SOUND AS GREAT AS THEY POSSIBLY CAN, you'll definitely appreciate how Vocal Rider performs. You can even write Vocal Rider's automatic adjustments as automation, then fine-tune adjustments manually. It's one of those rare time savers that actually improves the process. If you're serious about your mixes, then you need to get this plug-in!"

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    I am fairy new to mixing vocals and I need a plug-in that do the most with some somewhat bland vocals when originally recorded. I'm working on my first major project so I gotta be on point with the vox. I got the IzoTope Nectar plug-in for my FL but it doesn't seem like I can do much with it... Maybe I'm not using it right I dunno... Anyways could you recommend me a great plug-in for vocals if Nectar aint it? Thanks.
    Waves jjp vocals might be the plugin that gives you the vocal presence your looking for from a weak recording. It has worked for me. Also bbe sound maximizer and harmonic exciter can sometimes help.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    You are not using it correctly.

I can tell just from looking at their website that it has every processor you would need for your vocal mixing... and that it is fully programmable... and very simply laid out. It should be extremely easy to use. If you have trouble using Nectar, you will have trouble using any other processor.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by headshotsvol7 View Post
    I much prefer Waves as opposed to Nectar on Vocals. Plus Vocal Rider from Waves all but ELIMINATES the need to even compress vox anymore making your job way easier.
    WaveRider serves a different purpose than a compressor.

Quote Originally Posted by headshotsvol7 View Post
    Nectar is a great program but the presets don't give you enough creative freedom to mix your vocals right (Like carving out the eq from the reverb patches in Nectar" While plugins like R-verb from Waves have that option. If you have Waves go with that. Trust me.
    "Creative freedom" comes from tweaking parameters... not from "presets"... "Presets" are, by definition, the ABSENCE of creative freedom.

And, FYI, I can see just from looking at the Nectar reverb interface on the website that it has the same adjustable EQ on the reverb that Waves RVerb has...

By the way, in my opinion, Waves Rverb is one of the WORST reverbs in existence... it sounds horrible... the one reverb i have (simply because it was part of my Waves bundle that i actually purchased) that I absolutely NEVER use.
    I am expressing my opinion.
    Please feel free to express yours, too.
    This is a discussion forum, after all.
    Have fun.

Thread Information