Best Online Mastering Service?

A demo requires as much attention as a finished product. So, you've just multiplied by 27 the quantity of work for MEs, and paid only one. I'm not sure this sytem is good for the mastering business.

My 27 cents,

A demo requires as much attention as a finished product. So, you've just multiplied by 27 the quantity of work for MEs, and paid only one. I'm not sure this sytem is good for the mastering business.

My 27 cents,

I think you're on to something, but unfortunately or fortunately depending how you look at it, shoot outs are the way of the world now, next of coarse to a reference from a trusted source.

It doesn't happen in to many other business's where you get to try before you buy, but it is a decent way for someone that could be half way around the planet to know they're not going to get ripped off or chase down a rabbit hole.

I usually keep a half hour or so open everyday to do a couple, and that's about as much time as I'd spend on the phone, and I don't care for phones all that much..

I believe ONLY my ears! No references, no testimonials, no discographies can make me hear something if it is not there :-) I have received crap from very famous and expensive studios in the same time I get excellent sound from an ITB guy sending exactly the same mix! I don't now why exactly that happens and I don't care. I know how to do blind tests and for me this is the only way to find what I need when I produce. Sometimes I mix for clients that run for a name. In this case I can't help. I just send the mixes and communicate with the chosen mastering studio on their behalf. Anyway, most of the mastering engineers do demos. All right, TedJensen doesn't, but usually studios with prices less than $150/song do. And I find this absolutely normal. I guess they know this is the only way to have me as a client. :-)

No, we didn't pay for the samples. The service is for free.

I didn't ask if you paid for the samples; I asked if you paid for the one you selected

and you still did not answer whether the samples were sections or the whole track - big difference in terms of time and effort

I didn't ask if you paid for the samples; I asked if you paid for the one you selected

and you still did not answer whether the samples were sections or the whole track - big difference in terms of time and effort

I am sorry, I thought you have already checked the link I posted because the thread is not about that service. It is about the best online mastering service :-) So, for me it is MONRAD PRODUCTIONS

About The Mastering Lot:

Uploading mixes is for free.
Getting the masters is for free, no matter how many you receive or if you like one or no one.
Getting the contacts of the chosen ME is for free.
It is free for the mastering engineers to participate as well.

In one word - everything there is for free.

Anyway, here is all the important info you need about using The Mastering Lot (copied from Rules | TheMasteringLOT.com ):

Rules for Mixers and Producers
1. All mix samples MUST be no more than 60 seconds in length;
2. All mix samples MUST be in .WAV or .AIFF file format;
3. All mix samples MUST be no more than 100MB in file size;
4. The deadline date for receiving the mastered samples MUST be stated! (Please consider all world time zones and add one more day for us to prepare the mastered samples archive for download);
5. The amount of all your songs (albums) you are looking a mastering engineer for MUST be stated;
6. The available budget for the actual mastering MUST be stated;
7. You can choose one mastered sample only!

Rules for Mastering Engineers
1. All mastered samples MUST be in 16bit@44.1kHz audio file format;
2. All meta data MUST be removed from the files.

You can also check the main page to understand how the things work there.

I hope that is enough :-)

Last edited:
I've been using eMastered, Instant Mastering - it's a mastering service made by Grammy Award-winning engineers that have been apart of huge records from Taylor Swifts 1989, Beyonce, Maroon 5, T.I. etc.

Allows you to download high res mp3's and full res wave files. Sounds dope and it's free.

I've been using eMastered, Instant Mastering - it's a mastering service made by Grammy Award-winning engineers that have been apart of huge records from Taylor Swifts 1989, Beyonce, Maroon 5, T.I. etc.

Allows you to download high res mp3's and full res wave files. Sounds dope and it's free.
Nice web site with LandR like sound. But I don't understand why/how Grammy awrad-winners are working for free.

This one is actually really interesting. I'm not normally into these services but this one does sound actually quite good in the case I just tried. I'm also unclear why it's free if it's made by "Grammy engineers," but i'm definitely not going to complain :P Out of curiosity what type of song did you run through this? I was trying hip hop.

Last edited:
Back